11 July, 2007

Random noises

Haven't had much chance to post more than the weekly setlists as of late, something I continually hope to remedy. I do want to give a big "thank you" to everyone who came out to the Avalon Front last week for my installment of Radio Free Thursdays. The turnout was fairly decent, and really well in comparison to previous weeks (word is finally getting out, it seems). It was a lot of fun, a little challenging, and overall a really good night, and I hope to get back in soon for the next round of scheduled nights.

And my new shift turns out to be slightly earlier than I'd originally thought - 6:30-8 p.m. Friday evenings. Good after-work time, and definitely works better with the life schedule than overnights.

In the good news/bad news department, I found out today that Placebo are coming to town, only to discover that they're part of the Projekt Revolution tour package, headlined by Linkin Park and featuring such luminaries as My Chemical Romance, HIM (who I actually enjoy as a guilty pleasure) and Taking Back Sunday. I'm not sure what Molko and co. were thinking, but hopefully they're getting paid decently and will garner enough new fans to come back on their own soon. Sometimes music is a cruel mistress indeed.

No comments: