17 August, 2007

Aug. 17 set

So yeah, went all over the place with this one, but gotta keep it interesting, no?
The show was pre-recorded, owing to a work obligation which would have made getting to the station on time a risky-at-best proposition. Not to worry, next week should see me live and in effect as usual. And maybe I'll hold off on the 5+ minute experimental tracks. Maybe.


All the King's Horses - Bloodless
-
Bang Lime - Iris
Jets Overhead - All the People
Arab Strap - Don't Ask Me to Dance
The Twilight Sad - Walking for Two Hours
-
Fine Motor Control - Come Down
They Shoot Horses Don't They? - The Guest
the Gossip - Fire With Fire
the Clash - White Man in Hammersmith Palais
-
the Russian Futurists - Karkarodon Karkarius
A Silver Mt. Zion - Built Then Burnt (Hurrah! Hurrah!)
Six Organs of Admittance - Bless Your Blood
-
the Twilight Singers - Decatur St.
Firewater - When I Burn This Place Down
Current 93 - The Summer of Love
The Cranes - Shining Road
-
Young Galaxy - Wailing Wall
Aqualung - Something to Believe In
Tarkio - Better Half
Velvet Underground - There She Goes
-
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - New Morning

Notes: That Bang Lime track was the sleeper hit of the set, grabbing me far more in person than whatever track I previewed online, and that Jets Overhead disc continues to impress me more with every listen. Oh, and the Current 93 song is a Blue Oyster Cult cover. Not only do I love the term "dad rock," but I'm also liking the phenomenon itself more and more.

No comments: