17 January, 2018

Dreaming in Stereo episode 22

As you can see, with the new year comes a new naming convention for the shows. I'm not sure it really matters, but I feel that having the episodes less tied to the date might make them more listenable in the future. And it makes hiding the erratic nature of the release schedule less obvious (did I just admit that?). I'm definitely looking forward/hoping for more consistency in the coming year.

I said before that I wouldn't indulge in a "best of" show for 2017, so this is as close as we'll get. Partly it's clearing out some tracks that have been patiently waiting to get played (I've been trying to work that Autumn Sighs song in for several episodes now) and partly featuring songs that made the end of last year far more enjoyable. With that new Ride EP already on the way, I'm looking forward to what the one-eight has to offer. And I was recently going through an old computer and found some gems I'd forgotten about, so I figured it would be good to share (especially that last one).

As you can hear, I'm still working out the mic configurations, but at least now you won't have to deal with the extreme volume disparities (hopefully). One of the joys of DIY is actually having to DIY, but we should have the kinks out sooner rather than later, I'd think.

This is all less music-oriented than I'd planned, so enough of me, let's get to the music:


Spiritualized -  Medication - Pure Phase - Dedicated
Look Blue Go Purple - As Does the Sun - Time to Go: The Southern Psychedelic Movement 1981-86 - Flying Nun Records
Asobi Seksu - New Years - Citrus - Friendly Fire Recordings
-
Deafcult - Stars Collide - Auras - Hobbledehoy Record Co.
The Autumn Sighs - The Autumn Sighs - Branches - Reptile Music
Amber Arcades - Right Now - Fading Lines - [PIAS] Recordings
Echo and the Bunnymen - The Back of Love - Porcupine - Sire
-
Japanese Breakfast - Diving Woman - Soft Sounds from Another Planet - Dead Oceans
Ariel Pink - Feels Like Heaven - Decicated to Bobby Jameson - Mexican Summer
Alvvays - Plimsoll Punks - Antisocialites - Polyvinyl
Morrissey - Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On the Stage - Low in High School - BMG
-
Blink-182 (feat. Robert Smith) - All of This - Blink-182 - Geffen

No comments: