08 January, 2019

Dreaming in Stereo #28 - Piroshka

The first show for Stranger Radio, and the first two hour show in a while (well, besides the practice show). Having that extra hour, I've decided I should do something with the time besides just throw random songs, so the second hour is the feature/focus segment (I really should give that a fancy name).

Since I had been planning a Lush-themed show back when I was doing the one-hour Mixcloud-only shows, and since the first single by Piroshka had recently come out (the new band featuring Miki from Lush along with a stellar line-up of talent), I figured there was my excuse.

Enjoy.


(Original air date: Dec. 12, 2018)

Blushing - Sunshine - The Truth single
Lightfoils - Duende - Chambers
Catherine Wheel - Half Life - Chrome - Fontana
Kestrels - Thorn - Kindling/Kestrels split
-
SRSQ - The Martyr - Unreality - Dais
The Twilight Sad - I Could Give You All That You Don't Want - Nobody Wants to Be Here and Nobody Wants to Leave - FatCat
Slow Crush - Collide - Aurora - Holy Roar Records
I Like Trains - Terra Nova - Progress Reform - Talitres
-
Beach House - Lose Your Smile - 7 - Sub Pop
Mercury Rev - Nite and Fog - All is Dream - V2
Soccer Mommy - I'm On Fire - Henry single
The Daysleepers - Arc Lights - Creation - My Daydream Records
-
Lush - Love At First Sight - Chorus - 4AD
Cornelius - The Spell of a Vanishing Lonlieness - Mellow Waves - Rostrum Records
Whimsical - Monochrome - Lovelife, A Homage to Lush - TBTCI
Blackpool Astronomy - Scarlet - Lovelife, A Homage to Lush - TBTCI
-
Sing Sing - Tegan - The Joy of Sing Sing - Manifesto Records - 2002
Seinking Ships - You Don't Love Me - Museum Quality Capture - S-Curve
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Black and Blue - Damage and Joy - Artificial Plastic Records
Lush - Olympia (acoustic) - Chorus - 4AD
-
Piroshka - Everlastingly Yours - Brickbat - Bella Union
Elastica - Waking Up - s/t - Geffen
Moose - Love on the Dole - Live a Little Love a Lot - PIAS Recordings
Modern English - Spinning Me Round - Ricochet Days - 4AD
-
Suede - Life is Golden - The Blue Hour - Warner UK

No comments: