02 February, 2018

Dreaming in Stereo episode 24

A "theme" show if you will - perhaps not as consistently noisy as I'd thought when putting it together (that middle sections ends up more like loud dreampop than anything), but I think there's enough feedback here to keep the people who enjoy that sort of thing happy.

That new A Place to Bury Strangers track is magnificent, and I can't wait for the full album to drop in a couple of months. I'll most likely also be revisiting Tape Deck Mountain when their new one hits in a few weeks. I still haven't made it all the way through the Magnánima Compilado Vol. 4 - it's 50 tracks, people! - but so far there are definitely a few keepers. One thing I'm really enjoying about doing the show in 2018 (not that I didn't in 2008) is seeing how this music is global now. There was an article in the Guardian a few months back focusing on Asian shoegaze which I think nicely puts a point on it. Needless to say, I think there's another theme show coming in the not-too-distant future.

That Medicine song was a fun find. There's a band with a definitely interesting evolution - I actually enjoyed their electronic album (which featured Brandon Lee's sister, of all people). 

That Dirty Sidewalks song was a joyous find - an American band that sounds like Definitely Maybe-era Oasis with Going Blank Again-era Ride feedback? I'm in!

Enjoy!


A Place to Bury Strangers - Never Coming Back - Pinned - Dead Oceans
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Reverance - Honey's Dead - American Recordings
Car Crash Sisters - Orange - Sundance Sea / Magnánima Compilado Vol. 4 - Industrias WIO / Magnánima
Young Boys - Love Hits - New York Sun - Hollow Eyed
-
Communions - Forget It's a Dream - Communions - Big Love Records
Spotlight Kid - Sugar Pills - Ten Thousand Hours - Saint Marie Records
Merchandise (feat. Dum Dum Girls) - Red Sun - Red Sun single - Sub Pop
June Parker - Slow - We're Exactly Where We Are
-
Medicine - Long As the Sun - To the Happy Few - Captured Tracks
My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep - Loveless - Creation
Tape Deck Mountain - Suicide 1997 - Slow Salvation - Lefse Records
Au.Ra - Pyramid - Jane's Lament - felte
-
Dirty Sidewalks - Where's the Love - Bring Down the House Lights

No comments: