07 February, 2018

Dreaming in Stereo epsiode 25

True confession time: I haven't watched Twin Peaks. I know, I, too, feel that this is a personal failing of mine, something my better half is keen to point out. But, to be fair, I was 13 or so when it came out, and while I did enjoy a good mystery even at that age, I also think a lot of the truly Lynchian qualities of the show would have been lost on me at that point (although by that point in my life I was very much fond of the weird). I did see Fire Walk with Me while in high school though (with my parents, no less), and remember thinking, "He's really reaching with this one" (something my teenage self would most definitely say). But even then I was blown away by the soundtrack. Angelo Badalementi's compositions were just haunting, aided greatly by Julee Cruise's voice. I'd actually been toying with the idea of dropping some of that into the show, and here we finally are. If I had better foresight, I could have timed it to fit somewhere with the revival last year, but such is life. Anyway, here we're definitely putting the dream in dream pop.

And again, ignore what I say, the band is called Coma Pony. This is what happens when you have multiple notes all over the place.

Also, just to vent some steam, Mixcloud has been acting really wonky lately, making uploading far more difficult than it seems it should be. Here's hoping nothing goes away, but at least I feel better about filling up my computer's memory with all those backup files.

But enough kvetching. Enjoy!

Voluptuos Panic - If I Could Shine (The Sweetest Ache) - Popkiss, TBTCI Meets Sarah Records - The Blog That Celebrates Itself
Coma Pony (feat. Lucia Tacchetti) - Teletransportar - Magnánima Compilado Vol. 4 - Magnánima
The Black Windmill - Medicine - Black Windmill EP
Angelo Badalamenti feat. Julee Cruise - Into the Night - Soundtrack to Twin Peaks - Warner Bros.
-
Starrsha - Sway - Starrsha
The Churchhill Garden (feat. HIDEKA) - Forever - single  Kindling - Sunspots - Spike & Wave
Slowdive - When the Sun Hits - Souvlaki - Sanctuary
-
Snowbird - Porcelain - Moon - Bella Union
Love Spirals Downward - Ladonna Dissima - Idylls - Projekt
Bauhaus - Hope - Burning From the Inside - Beggar's Banquet
-
Dead Can Dance - Don't Fade Away - Toward the Within - 4AD

No comments: